To add users to a group, log into SharePoint with your Admin ID and password, and perform the following steps:
- Click the Site Actions drop-down menu and select Site Settings.
- Under the Users and Permissions list, click the People and groups link.
- Click the New drop-down menu and select Add Users.
- Enter the following information:
- Users/Groups—Click the Browse (book) icon to search for users. You can search for "all" to select all users in an account or in a domain. Select an entry and click the Add button. Once all users have been added. Click the OKbutton.
Note: If you enter names manually, click the Check Names (person with check mark) icon to confirm the entry is valid.
- Add users to a SharePoint group—Click the option button and select a group from the drop-down menu to add these users to a premade group. The users will inherit the existing group's permission level.
- Give users permission directly—Click the option button to assign direct permissions. Select the check box beside the desired permission level.
- Send welcome e-mail to the new users—Select the check box to send a notification email to the new user(s) with a link to the site. Add a personal message as desired.
- Click the OK button.