Information that is important to an organization, a business unit, or a project team is often stored on an individual’s computer. To facilitate the easy sharing of information, you can make files available to other SharePoint site users.
- Log into your SharePoint site, e.g., yourdomain.sharesrvr.com.
- Navigate to a page with a Shared Documents section.
- On the Quick Launch bar, click the Shared Documents link.
- Click the Upload drop-down menu, and select Upload Document.
- In the Upload Document section, click the Browse button.
- In the Choose File dialog box, browse to the document you want to upload, and then click the Open button.
Note: If a document with the same name already exists in the document library, selecting the Overwrite existing file(s) check box automatically overwrites the existing version with your local version.
- On the Upload Document page, click the OK button. The selected document is added to the document library.